Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Tale of 3 Children

Chapter 1: Madeline
Madeline (in her announcement voice): I have some boy news.

Me (trying to be serious): Um, do you have a boyfriend?

Madeline: NO! (Rolls eyes again.)

Garrett: A boyfriend! Who is it, ME?

Madeline (rolls eyes): NO, GarrETT. Well, I was walking past Andres today and he said, 'Hi, Pretty Eyes.' Josh says that Andres loves me.

Me: Does he?

Madeline: YES!

Note to Madeline: 1)You are too young, 2)Please don't be boy crazy, 3)I am NOT ready for this!!

Chapter 2: Carter
6 AM. I am laying in our not-nearly-big-enough-bed between Joel and Carter. (Carter had joined us somewhere around the 2am hour- like always). Carter's big blue eyes pop open. He rolls over, crawls up and leans on me, stares at Joel and says, "BOO!" Total deadpan. Joel and I burst into laughter, despite the early hour.

Chapter 3: Garrett
Setting: In shoe store while purchasing new ballet and tap shoes for Madeline.

Garrett (eyeing sparkley purses haning nearby): I want a purse.

Me: A purse, huh?

Madeline: GarrETT! Purses are for GIRLS.

Me: Well, men carry Man Bags, I guess.

Garrett: Well I want one. I want a boy one. With a purple star with sparkles.

Me: Hmmm....we'll see!

Good luck with that, sweet boy.

3 comments:

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

So funny! I love the stories. I second that, Maddy, no boys for you! At least not until you're at least 8!! Carter and Garrett are such charactors.

Julia said...

Love, love, love the stories.

Anonymous said...

Boo! I love it!
Anita