Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

New Year!

My kids start school in the morning.  They are ready, and so am I, but I'm sure having a hard time wrapping my head around it all!  I'm such an emotional mama at times!


Sweet Sissy is starting MIDDLE SCHOOL!  It seems like such a big step, and it is, but boy is she ready.  She is going to love it.  I just can't believe how fast it's all going!


This is Madeline after 5th grade promotion last June.  She's so funny and smart.  (Not to mention beautiful!)  I'm so lucky that she's mine!

Garrett is starting 3rd grade.  The big change for him is that he had the same teacher for kinder, first, and second grade.  And the same classroom!  She just kept looping up and he was lucky enough to keep her!  He loved her so much, so this will be a huge transition for him.  He's ready though and so excited to be in a class with his 3 best buddies for the first time!  He's nervous and says he will miss me while he's at school, but he's 'used to the pain' and it 'isn't that bad', so he thinks he'll be okay!  Things sure change, don't they??  I still remember a few days into first grade when Garrett told me that he "just wasn't a first grade kind of kid" and that all day was "JUST SO LONG TO BE WITHOUT YOU" (me).  Sigh.
My funny boys.  They are sure good buddies!  (Usually!)

And then Carter.  My funny, mischievous, Carter is starting KINDERGARTEN!  Man, I am a wreck about this for some reason!  He's so ready and I am so NOT!  



Seriously, I am really a very blessed mama!

It's so bittersweet, and honestly I've been a blubbering mess today (and yesterday, and the day before, and .  .  .), but at the same time, I am SO thankful!  Thankful for smart, funny, vibrant, darling kids.  Kids who melt my heart, make me think, and make me LAUGH every single day.

Here's to a great year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the first and last photos. So SWEET.
Middle school...T's been there since August 24!! Lots of changes.