Couldn't pick one. They are so funny!
Best Buddies!
Me, giving Joel the thumbs up, because Sissy let me walk her to the front door of the school! Woohoo!
Of the five of you who read this blog still, three of you are on facebook and have already seen these photos, and one of you just had a baby, but just in case you are wondering? We're having a great week.The first day was definitely brutal. For me, mostly. Dropping Kindergarten Carter off was sad, sad, sad. Brave alligator tears for my little guy and fingernails in my palms, trying to avoid the ugly cry for me. Thank GOODNESS for good friends (you know who you are) who hung around long enough to see that my guy was okay, and made sure to tell me that he was fine as soon as mama disappeared from the scene. The rest of the week has been fabulous and each day he comes out of the school grinning ear to ear and his first words are consistently, "THAT WAS SO FUN!" And then he and Molly sing their silly songs they learned all the way home. Happy, happy, happy! He was so ready, I know. My mama heart is just a little slow on the uptake.
Garrett did fine. He seemed SO OLD and so at ease in his new third grade classroom. He is beyond excited to finally be in class with all 3 of his closest buddies. They've been in cahoots since they were born and it's high time they are all in the same class! He loves third grade and my usually pretty calm and laid back boy has been super positive so far. Yahoo!
Sissy is on cloud nine at Middle School. She was very ready, definitely, but I can't believe I'm old enough to be a parent of a middle school kid! She loves her classes, loves having a locker, loves being big. (And loves being able to wear a little bit of makeup. Sigh.) The best part is that one of my closest friends is her core teacher! I love knowing she is in great hands. Awesome, all around.



3 comments:
Garrett looks so much like Joel! Great first day pics :)
Maddy looks SO grown up! I remember when she was at my house in button-up pajamas. Yikes.
Glad the school year has gotten off to a great start there in Mac. Miss you all!
I hope I'm the reader that "just had a baby" cuz I do read your blog:)
You and I have such similar heartstrings I think. It's not a surprise since I believe our moms are similar too. I knew that when her and I stood in a doorway at Wascher this Spring and cried over our recent losses.
It is hard to feel things as deeply as we do. Our children and husbands especially - - this week has been similar for me in terms of my LAST baby and my Mais off to kindergarten. Lots of happy and sad tears from this mama too.
Hang in there!
Post a Comment