Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Could be.

Boys started soccer on Saturday. I really love Fall soccer. Especially when it's not raining.

My boys and their friends are so happy, so heartbreakingly serious, so freaking adorable out there I kind of had to hold myself back from marching right out there on the field and scooping them up in my arms and just kissing them. The kindergarteners are just SO cute and thrilled to finally have a turn. The 3rd graders are GOOD. Like 10-0 good. And man are they happy about it. When they are out there giving it their all, it's not hard to catch glimpses of the young men they'll be someday before we're ready. Pretty cool though.

Anyway, I've completely tangented here. Carter had some awesome breakaways at his game tonight. He didn't actually score, but was awfully close 3 or 4 times. One time in particular he broke away and was dribbling down the field. The other team was trying to catch him, but ended up falling down. Carter had a great shot, but it just missed the goal and went out of bounds. He was still pretty happy.

Later, he told Joel, (who missed Carter's game because he was coaching G's), "I almost had a goal! But it went out of balance."

Garrett scoffed and said, "Out of BALANCE, Carter? I think you mean, 'Out of BOUNCE!'"

Joel and I died laughing and didn't correct either of them. Being their mama is pretty fun.

No comments: