Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Carter Mac

Carter woke up this morning and climbed in bed with Joel and I.  We snuggled and told him about the day he was born.  He grinned and giggled the whole time.  After, we were talking about needing to get up and get the big day started and Carter said, "I'm going to to need a chocolate!"  (Chocolate milk.)  I laughed and said, "You're really going to play this whole birthday thing up, aren't you?"  He shrugged and answered, "Well, yep I am!"
Photobucket
Dear Carter,

It is definitely hard to believe you are four.  When your Sissy was four, Garrett was one and we were moving into this house.  When Garrett turned four, you had just turned one and we were in Disneyworld.

And now you are four.  Officially a kid, definitely not a toddler anymore.  I still call you my baby, but you aren't a baby at all- you sleep all night long, you drink out of glasses instead of sippy cups, and when I hold you in my arms, your legs spill off of my lap.  More than the everyday things, we are reminded how big you are when you express your opinions, your wants, and your needs.  Sometimes 'using your words' is still a little overwhelming for you, but most of the time you can explain yourself quite clearly.  And VERY uniquely!  I love how you shrug your shoulders and say, "Well, sure!"  I love how you motion with your hands whenever you are explaining things.  Your vocabulary amazes me, as does your memory.

You've grown so much this past year.  Your personality has exploded, as has your independence.  While there are times you WEAR ME OUT, I always am so wild about you.  I think you are funny, good natured, curious, smart, and (usually!) sweet.

We are so very blessed to be your mom and dad!  We love you so much and can't wait to see what this year of your life will hold!

Love,
Mom and Dad

Photobucket


Carter turns 3.

Carter turns 2.

Carter turns 1.

2 comments:

Pam said...

A great day to remember! Happy Birthday, sweet boy! Love you lots! Nana

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Carter! I remember his birthday vividly b/c I was hanging over a toilet morning sick with Grace and thinking (She's so lucky that her pregnancy is over).