He's recently lost both of his front teeth. It is so stinking cute. He has a little lisp when he talks now and I really really love it a lot.
Now there are 2 gone!
Soccer has started back up. Spring soccer that is, which equals lots and lots of rain. But what a happy boy out there. And some how, he located a store of focus and aggressiveness, and he's been like a different kid out there on that field! He's scored 2 goals already this season, which for him is a big deal!
This is after a goal- he was BEAMING, but it doesn't really come through with the pouring rain dripping down his face. Notice the missing teeth!
Stinking cute bench!
He's number 9- orange shirt, red shorts. (His dad okayed that combo, but it's growing on me.)
Sometimes I think about all the times I cried on the way home from restaurants when he was 1 or 2 because of how HARD he was. I think of the playgroups I had to carry him out of, kicking and screaming. I think of the time he missed the gymnastics 'show' because of the fit he threw at the Community Center and how I had to carry him out under one arm, kicking and screaming, and had tiny baby Carter in the carrier hanging on my other arm. I've always loved Garrett fiercely, and we had so many fun times when he was little too. But it's just such a relief that he's so happy and fun and not hard. It's a relief that he likes school and that he has a hilarious sense of humor. It's a relief that even though I still love him fiercely I can let down my guard a little bit and just let him be.
He's a good boy and I'm so so so blessed to be his Mama.











No comments:
Post a Comment