Apparently in G's class there is a new book making station. There is also a list of 'sight words' the kids can use when writing these books.
Today he brought home a book that he made, titled, "I Like". In the car on the way home he was reading it to Grayson.
"I like apples."
I like strawberries."
I like licorice."
Up until then Grayson was listening politely. But then he said, "Eww, you like licorice?"
Garrett giggled and said, "No, I was just kidding."
******************************************
I was reading Garrett a book today at Nana's house. Scaredy Squirrel. At one point there was a list of all the things Scaredy Squirrel was afraid of- sharks, killer bees, poison ivy, etc. I looked at Garrett and said, "Are you scared of any of those things.
G shrugged. "I'm pretty much not afraid of anything. Except dark caves. And not having anyone else around me."
"Hmm. Not having anyone around you in a dark cave, or not having anyone around you, period?"
"Not having anyone around me, PERIOD!"
Oh my. He's such a middle child! Caves and being alone, huh?
I snuggled him close and kept reading.
Two Years
13 years ago



1 comment:
I love reading your stories about Garrett. He cracks me up! I wish I was a fly on your wall to see how much fun your house is!! You always have the best stories to tell.
Post a Comment