Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Playing School

While Carter naps, I try to spend some time with Garrett. It doesn't always happen- sometimes Carter won't nap, sometimes the dishes and laundry are too much to ignore, and other times we are lazy and sleepy and cuddle up on the couch instead.

But the past couple of days we've had some fun. Yesterday we spent a couple of hours playing a fun new game that Garrett got from Christmas from Auntie Bec. Today I suggested that we play school. I had in mind practicing reading and a little writing, but Garrett had other grand plans.

While I was upstairs getting Carter to sleep, Garrett set up 'school' on the dining room table. He had out books, his journal, a game, a craft center, and clay! And then, before we started he put on his coat and backpack, and even hung them up on the stairs- pretending it was his hook at school. (He put on his coat and backpack in record time as well, which never happens in the morning!)



We had a fun hour of 'playing'- and he was such a happy boy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have regular Rush Hour and we love it. Such great mind benders. I give it as a gift a lot too. Thinkfun has some great games in general!

Anonymous said...

i absolutely adore that he put on his coat and backpack to begin...this is truly priceless.

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mama! He loves to make the plans, doesn't he?!

Paige Lomas said...

Ready for college!

Becky said...

How is Garrett doing with his game? Can Carter play his?