After breakfast with this crew, Joel and I headed North to meet up with our kids. Joel's parents kept them for the New Year festivities this year. (Madeline and Carter made it to midnight . . . Garrett, once again, did not! Maybe next year . . . ) We celebrated Christmas a little late with a bunch of the family- quite a fun crowd.
Maddy won the end prize- $5, and was quite happy. We were so proud of Garrett because he didn't flip out even once about the game (fast paced and his turns were very short), and he was happy for Sissy for winning. And then? Madeline gave Garrett her prize money. It was pretty much the sweetest thing ever.
We spent a few nights at Joel's parents, and woke up Friday morning with 6 inches of new snow. (They'd had two and a half feet when we were whining about 18 inches. And had to actually function in it.) We spent an hour or two shoveling the steep, long driveway so we could get our van out. We were quite a sight- Bill had a snow shovel, Joel was making good use of a garden shovel, Vanita had a garden hoe and I was using a clamming shovel! I wish I would have taken a picture but at the time we were all irritated at the snow! Our reward for our hard work was Bill driving us into town for Starbucks and Cap'n Yoby's (the best fish and chips ANYWHERE). We had a great visit with them. What a great way to start 2009!



2 comments:
Sounds like a good time!
Did Santa pull through with the Spiderman trash can?
Oh fun. Who doesn't love Troy?! And the pic that you clarify is you?.... I was just thinking who is that?! So funny
Post a Comment