Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Molly!

Today is Molly's 3rd birthday. I am having a really hard time believing that 3 years ago today I was in a inservice at Newby (very pregnant) and anxiously awaiting a call from Dave to hear that Molly had arrived and that she and Judy were doing great. I even got special permission to leave my cell phone on during the meeting!

I was the first person to hold her after her parents and the hospital staff (my claim to fame). She was tiny and perfect.

Sissy and G lovin on sweet Baby Molly. They were such babies themselves!

Now, 3 years later, I hold the title of 'Auntie Sarri' to this girl. She's funny, smart, and with a little dash of mischievious thrown in to keep it interesting- and we wouldn't have her any other way. It's been so fun to watch she and Carter become close friends as they grow.

Here are some pics from Molly's Princess-Pirate party this weekend. Such a fun time!

Judy explaining the 'Gleaming Booty' game.


Carter opted not to go as a pirate OR a princess. (Yes, I gave him both options.) Instead, he decided a frog was the way to go. I let him because the princess kisses the frog and all that. He still got to make a pirate looking scope, which was quite the hit!


Madeline was a pirate-princess. So cute. I love that she wanted to dress up.

Pass the glass slipper!

Sweet Abby listening intently to her mama.

I wish we would have gotten a picture of Abby, Carter, AND Molly! Joel finally talked Carter into taking off his super hot froggy costume.



Happy Birthday Molly Kate! We sure love you!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Ahhhh. Thank you for that post. I remember that day so well. I remember hearing the phone ring but not knowing if we should answer it because it wasn't really our room--it was just the room they stuck us in temporarily because they were full. So sorry we didn't answer the first couple of times! :) And I remember 8 weeks later making a delicious shrimp dinner (wink, wink) but also ending up back at the hospital again--this time for sweet Carter boy. What a ride it has been--since our very first day at Newby together. 4 babes later...thanks for being such a great "auntie"! xoxo