On any given Saturday between September 20 and Nov 1, the Gibson Five can be found for a portion of the day down at the soccer fields. Today we had an afternoon game in the warm September sun. (Ok, let's be honest. Really, it was freaking hot. We'll take it over rain though!) I was much too busy subbing 5 year olds into the game to take pictures, but I did get this sweet one (above) after the game. I need to put my buddies on picture duty during the game because it just isn't happening for me. I have to say that I am really loving helping to coach soccer. We have the cutest, sweetest, and most talented team (yes, I am biased) on the fields. The very best part though is that a big chunk of our ittakesaplaygrouptoraiseourkids group is on our team. I love after the game when the dads and kids keep playing on the desserted field, the little ones run around (barefoot today- Carter!), and the mamas get to visit and talk about how cute and funny their kids are. It really is the best.
The other fun part of our day though was a morning drive to 'Poverty Hollow' and some quick apple picking. Who knew we could pick 52 lbs of apples in an hour?!?!?!? All those 52 pounds were from one VERY SMALL tree. I have a feeling the boys and I will be making another quick trip out there sometime this week to see if we can get more! I'm having visions of pantry shelves lined with homemade applesauce!!
Thanks to my hubby for being the photo guy today. ;)



6 comments:
I used to ride in the bucket of the tractor too, what fun!!!! I can't wait to see the pictures of all the applesauce you are going to make!!!! Have a blast!
Mmmm, there's nothing better than homemade applesauce! We love to make it around here!...though our apples probaby come from *gasp* New Zealand! (wink, wink)
We have eaten so much apple stuff this summer because our tree was filled with apples. The branches were even breaking at one point. Love the pics of G Valley...memories :)
So fun - loved you in tractor bucket. Doesn't it still seem like we are 10 once in awhile - especially getting into stuff with the kids?
wow, looks fun! I want to pick apples out of a tractor bucket!
Sarri, I always love checking out your blog. You are a amazing mom and you have inspired me to start thinking more green! And, your kids are precious and getting oh so big!
Post a Comment