Today was Garrett's first day of kindergarten! I am not sure how to describe how he felt about it- he was nonchalant and matter of fact about the whole thing. He seemed happy, but he was a little quiet. He was content to play with pattern blocks and color pictures while Mrs. M talked to the parents, and I was thrilled to see him write his name in a straight line with all the letters faced the same way. A wave of panic washed over me for a second when I realized he has no clue how to write his last name- we've just been working on G-a-r-r-e-t-t, but then I quickly let it go. We can work on that after we convince him to give up the capital letters in the middle of his first name!

He is quite proud of his pirate backpack.

So maybe he was a little stressed?
Typical G. "Hey Garrett, I know it's bright, but can you please put your hands down?"
Oh right, that's so much better.
Sweet Sissy and Carter, looking at the . . .
. . . hot air balloon that was over the school!
G is starting out kinder with his first black eye. He got it from wrestling with friends on Monday!
I didn't even cry when it was time to go. Garrett was so fine and at home in his classroom, I couldn't be emotional (I was a little on the way home though). He's been waiting for this moment for the past 3 years. When he was 2 and people would ask how old he was, he'd answer, "FIVE!" (Just like his sister at that time.)
The saddest part of the morning was how much Carter wanted to stay at school with his brother.
8 comments:
Glad that Garrett had a good first day. I think Ryan's went well. He was super, super excited to get there. He has been waiting to be in Kindergarten for the last 2 years just wanting to be a big kid and go to school. He was quiet when we first got there. Typical boy, I asked him what he did today and he says "Oh, not much." Grrrreat...several years of filling in the blanks are yet to come. :)
That last picture is just the sweetest thing ever.
What a big boy, yet he still seems so little to be going to school!I am so happy that he was such a happy boy and ready to be in kindergarten! GO GARRETT!
yea, garrett!!!
I can tell you are just like me Sarri - emotional and sappy and dog gone it - who knew these firsts would be so huge and heartwrenching and prideful all wrapped up in our bursting hearts?!!
I remember wanting CJ to be a little emotional and denying me the right to cry and hug him and kiss him and all that! I was totally bummed...but then again I was just down the hall the whole day! I am so pathetic! You are such a trooper!
He looks so big with his backpack! Where in the heck-a doodle did you find a pirate backpack? You are such an amazing mama! I think you said he went Wednesday & Friday, and then every day starting next week? Carter's turn will come fast enough!
Those are great pictures! Josh (my youngest brother) started his first day of school with a black eye too! We tell him he looks like a tough guy.
Post a Comment