Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thanks, Mom.

I know there will come a day that I actually don't remember when the last time I changed a diaper was, or when having cheerios in my purse is as important (or more) than my wallet. Someday I will miss Garrett coming down the stairs 4 times after tuck-in, needing to use the potty or ask, 'how many more books?' and Carter taking off all his clothes and leaving them all over the house 7 times a day. There may even be a day that I don't wash sippy cups anymore, and the only socks I have to find matches for are grown up socks. I know this in my head, and in my heart, and I feel it pulse through me every day. And I am thankful, and I do savor these days, these moments with my sweet, fun, hilarious kids.

But you know what? Right now? I am just really really really thankful for a night off.

Thanks Mom. I packed suitcases and cleaned 2 bedrooms and did laundry and threw a WHOLE bunch of stuff away. Your help is so appreciated. (And the front garden beds look amazing.)

I love you!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh man--I love Mama Pam. I'm so excited for you and your family to go on this huge adventure. I can't wait to see all of the pictures, hear about all you do, and about the inevitable surprises. Have a lot of fun and be safe!

Unknown said...

You totally have the right attitude! You guys are going to have such a great trip!!

redeemed diva said...

Wow! I love both your blogs. Will you be blogging from Europe. Can't wait to see what crazy adventures you end up living.
Have fun