Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Meme? ME!

My friend Visty tagged me for a 'meme.' So here goes....five random facts about ME.

1. I was so relieved that I got a C-Section with Carter. I wanted one my entire pregnancy. It was the best birth of all three. The worst was when I went 'natural' with Garrett.

2. I love to read. It is like food or water for me. But in recent history life is so hectic that I don't have time...and if I start a book I am so STARVING for it that I literally can not stop until it is done. So now I rarely read unless we are on vacation or something.

3. I only started liking Christmas the past few years. I love it now.

4. I didn't feel grown up until I was 28. Now I definitely do. You'd think that becoming a wife at 21, mom at 22, buying a house at 23, first car payment at 24, second child at 25, minivan at 25, second house at 26 would do it, but nope. 28 was the 'magic' year for me. And by magic I mean the year my husband had cancer, I thought I lost my baby, and I did lose my best friend and my grandma. That isn't meant to get pity-I guess it just took all that to finally make me consider myself not a child.

5. When I was 16 I soloed an antique airplane on my birthday. It was a great experience, but I never flew alone again. (I have been up with my dad since then.)

That was harder than I thought. I think I am officially one of those people whose identity is all wrapped up in their babies. How did that happen? How could it NOT?

Ok, so apparently now I am to 'tag' some folks....

Annie
Sarah
Hannah
Diedre
Auntie Beck

Have fun!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

So fun to learn some things about Sarri :) You went natural with Garrett? Was that on purpose? I tried with Eliot, but 36 hours later decided otherwise. Okay, I'll have to start my 'Meme' now :)

Anonymous said...

I love reading all that about you, but when I saw my name I literally groaned out loud. Why is it torture to do these kind of lists?

Sarah said...

Yes Sarri, We'll be out on Sunday. I'm hoping to get over to your house. What is your schedule like through the week? Can we pop in for a visit. I know Eliot and Grace would love to see the kids.

Anonymous said...

love it...I'm glad you played!