Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

Oh Canada!

Joel has been singing that song for the past 24 hours...well actually just those 2 words over and over. But that is because the Gibson Five are in Victoria, BC this week for our family vacation! On Saturday we drove up to beautiful Port Angeles, Washington and spent the night. Yesterday we were up by 5:30, to the ferry dock by 6:15, (after a Starbucks stop for Mama), and the ferry for Victoria left at 8:30.





Once we got to Victoria we had a few hours before we could check in, so we ate lunch and then went to the Butterfly Gardens. How amazing! There were thousands of butterflies and they were just so gorgeous. We all loved it. Joel had a huge electric blue butterfly land on him about 5 times!



Our condo looks over the big bay where the ferries come through and it is fun to sit out on the patio (deck? lanai?) and watch.



Today The Bigs and I went to tea at the Empress Hotel. It was so fancy and special and Maddy and Garrett were so good and fun. It was yummy too! I wished Joel could have joined us, but Carter is still too young to do it, and it would have been hard to enjoy while wrestling him. Next time!






6 comments:

Hannah said...

I sure hope Pearly Jo is having a nice vacation... I guess I hope "Pearly Joel" is having fun too. =) See you next week!

Anonymous said...

wow, absolutely beautiful!!

Julia said...

You look freezing! But still, I'm sure you had a ton of fun.

Anonymous said...

So fun! Too bad you didn't take the long way and stop by and see us!

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

What fun! I'm so glad Pearly Jo got to experience high tea. She will remember that forever. ;) Your pics bring back so many fun memories - I can't wait to go back there! Hopefully you and Maddy can go to the Miniatures Museum. I loved that. :) See you soon!

neeter said...

Beautiful! So glad to see Pearly Jo behaved at Tea!