Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hot Bellied Pigs!

Joel and I have decided we love being on vacation. Big shock, huh? We would like to do it professionally! Ha. I have read 2 books in the 3 days we've been here. We've taken naps, walks, and watched movies, of course along with the tourist-y stuff. It is so fun to have Joel with us all day, every day. (Plus, he has done 90% of the cooking!) I am going to be in for quite a shock the next few weeks with Joel returning to work and Maddy starting 2nd grade...

We started today out with a walk down to the BC Museum. We heard it was awesome and also good for kids. But when we got down there the line was SO long...so instead we did Miniature World. It may sounds a little cheesy, but it was SO cool! The kids loved it. Then we headed back to the condo, with a stop at the Old Spaghetti Factory (Canadian Style!), and posing at Parliament for pictures.



To get back to the condo from the downtown area, we walk along the boardwalk next to the bay. That is our condo in the background, silver with flat roofs.



Still on the boardwalk/path deal...and THIS is how Maddy gets Carter to laugh.


And, here is the view from our place...


After luxurious naps we headed to Beacon Hill Park to a petting zoo Joel had been pushing since we arrived on Sunday. If you know anything about me, anything at all, you know that animals are, ahem, not my favorite. But in the spirit of 'for the kids,' I agreed to go. IT WAS SO COOL! I had to completely apologize to Joel for being reluctant. It was very clean, as far as little zoos go, and the animals were actually pretty cute. The best part about it though was how excited the kids were about the whole thing...especially Carter. Oh my word- he was just so cute and funny! See for yourself...

He loved the baby goats!


I know this photo is blurry, but I love how he is pointing. It looks like he is pointing at his reflection, but really he is pointing at the Mama 'hot belly pig' (according to Madeline), and her litter of hot belly piglets. They were all getting Mama Milk, and so I think Carter felt a bond with them.


Carter watching the sheep. I have been trying to teach him 'baaaaa' FOREVER, but he just growls anyway. He did love them though!


Carter deciding life would be more fun without his shirt. Really?


Not the pants! (I believe this is what my mom is referring to when she mentions, 'payback.')



With Teddy Bear the pony in the background, Maddy (as usual) strikes a pose, and Garrett, smiles. At least I think that is a smile?


Next we (ok, not me exactly- I had to take photos!), visited the Petting Zoo, which was acutally soley minituare goats. I've decided that minituare goats are pretty cute, and I think I could like them. Carter though, wasn't so sure.

"Quick Dad! Help!"


"Ok, Dad. I am not sure if you realize this, but YOU ARE PETTING A GOAT!"


There must be a nursery rhyme that goes with this!


We've come a long way, baby!

3 comments:

Julia said...

I can side with you there...I'm not an animal enthusiast either.

Steph said...

Hi there Sarri and Joel...it's Stephanie (Taylor) Marr and I have been spying on your blog (thanks to Annie)! :) I just had to say what a fun and beautiful family you have! I thought I'd be brave and comment for fun. Have a fantastic rest of your vacation!

Melanie Penelope said...

Carter is the cutest freaking baby; I could stare at him all day!