About a week before our visit Papa Burke got a golf cart so he could go to coffee in the club house, check mail, and visit neighbors in style! He was thrilled to give us all rides. (We were thrilled too!)


Grammy Jackie and Carter are great buddies. He especially loved her collection of yard art. He kept her busy- he thought he could schlep the yard art around and give it kisses, so she had to help him!

Carter thought he would carry a New Testament around just in case the yard art wanted to hear the Good News.

Garrett is such a good big brother. Sweet boys.

Smelling Grammy's flowers.

My cousin, Berkley, aka "Bissy" to the kids, got us all fixed up with her new nail kit and dead sea lotion. Nice! Maddy just adores Bissy and loves being pampered by her! We were lucky enough to get to bring her home with us for a little visit. Berk and I are both only children, so we are super close and almost like sisters. We love her so much! Also...notice the price tag coming out of Maddy's shirt? We did some major school shopping while in Idaho. Berkley and Aunt Minnie helped, of course. Maddy was so thrilled that she has had several 'Trying On Parties' since.

The last day we were there we took a drive with Papa and Grammy out to my Uncle Chad's farm. He farms all kinds of stuff- mint, corn, potatoes, onions, ect. Garrett had been wanting to see the big tractors and pick some corn. He was not disappointed!
The sun in Garrett's eyes. Papa had just been released from 4 nights in the hospital the day before, but was up for a car ride and a little walk.

Ahh, memories. This is the 1964 Ford Falcon Futura that my Papa bought for HIS mom, (my great grandma) new in 1964. Since then it has been the car that won't die, er, I mean, the car that helps everyone and anyone out that needs a ride...I drove it from age 18 until age 24! Yes, I drove that car until Maddy was nearly 2 years old! The other day Joel said, "That was such a cool car, why did we get rid of it?!?" Um, really? Seriously? Anyhow, it is currently resting out on Uncle Chad's place.

Corn!


We tried to tell Garrett that this corn was actually grown to make into cow feed, but he didn't care. He ate most of this cob...raw. He is such a funny little guy. (Don't tell him that though!)


Carter has an odd relationship with dogs. He is obsessed, OBSESSED, with them...but if they get too close or bark too loud, or look at him wrong, he WAILS. But if the conditions are all good, he will growl, bark, pant, and point at them like crazy. There is no distracting him! But pet them? No, thanks!

And to you Idahoians who SOMEHOW missed getting your picture taken this time...you'd better be ready next time! I can't believe I missed so many of you. :(



3 comments:
I wanna go to a farm! That corn on the cob looks delicious!
Looks fun. That corn was for feed? It looked great!
I love the pic of you and Maddy with the old car. Glad you had such a great trip! See you Sunday, I hope!
Post a Comment