-Speaking of Carter. He is sick. Can someone please tell me the last time The Gibson Five vacationed and everyone stayed healthy? Even a weekend away? Me either. I believe it has actually never happened.
-Is a guinea pig baby called a guinea piglet?

-Why do some restaurants act like they are 'family friendly' and have sharp crayons and cute kid menus...but when you walk in they smile through gritted teeth? Then they bring your 17 month old milk in a glass, filled to the brim? And no straw? And they bring your Bigs hot chocolate in glass mugs that is so hot it will be sure to give you all 3rd degree burns? And the food is really good, and really the people are nice, but you just feel like you SHOULD. NOT. BE. THERE. Really, just put up a, 'please no children' sign and I will be so thankful for that. I like to go out to breakfast now and then, but I prefer to enjoy it and not be on edge and shushing everyone the entire time.
-And finally. I look like a local! I have been asked about 10 times since we've arrived questions that tourists ask locals! Like, "Um, excuse me ma'am? Can you tell me how to get to this beach?" Or, "Is this parking 24 hours?" Or, where is the nearest ATM?" How funny! Eh?



2 comments:
Love this post! I so hear you on the restaurant thing. Ah! Annoying! Glad you're having a good time; sorry the babe's sick!
How about when the size your group up and then shove you in the back of the restaurant by the busboy station? That's my favorite. Although actually, sometimes it's better than having to worry about the other restaurant patrons giving you that "you better control your kids" look. I am super jealous about this vacation of yours btw. I have been dying to go to Victoria and especially Butcahrt Gardens. How lame is it that I haven't and we live so close? We also seem to head to Vancouver instead. Which is incredible as well. We did actually dine at a fairly upscale restaurant there, the Lobster House, without so much as a flicker in anyone's eyes. Even after Jackson dumped his orange juice all over the white linen table cloths.Not bad.
Post a Comment