Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Father's Day Weekend

We celebrated Father's Day mostly on Saturday this year...Joel's dad had to work Sunday. On Saturday (after a fun bbq for Madeline's class), Joel drove the kids up to Kelso to meet up with his parents. I went too, only I flew with my dad in his plane up there! My dad's been a single engine plane (read:small plane) pilot my whole life, but this particular plane he's had for the past 9 or 10 months, and I hadn't taken him up on his offer to give me a ride. Being Father's Day weekend and all, I thought I'd go for it! It was VERY fun! I would say my favorite part was when we were about 100 feet above the Columbia river and going 187 mph. That was pretty cool! A few pics from the flight...

Taking off from McMinnville- those big triangle buildings are the museum that has the Spruce Goose.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Downtown Portland
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

100 feet above the Columbia river...going 187mph!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and again...100 feet above the Columbia river...going 187
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Landing in Kelso
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Phew!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

THEN...we met up with the Gibsons for a (freezing cold) picnic in the park and feeding of the ducks. Later we had coffee and pie to get warmed up. Then my dad flew home, and we spent the night at the Gibsons.





The next day Joel and Jenell took our Bigs on an adventure in the woods! I did not bring appropriate 'Adventure in the Rain' clothes, so that is why Joel is carrying barefoot Garrett. We had to improvise. Fun times were had by all!


1 comment:

Julia said...

Love your flight self portraits! How fun.