Pages

Friday, June 22, 2007

Just Call Me Martha...


Hopefully the thought of me being ANYTHING like Martha didn't make you spit Diet Coke on your computer. Because I am not. I am hopelessly NOT domestic. Well, I am a good mom, so 10 pts in Domestic-ness for me there, but other than that...not so much. I *can* cook, although usually I choose not to. Not crafty. Not so great in the keeping-things-neat-and-tidy department. (Hello, I have 3 of my own children and watch 2 others daily.)

Well, be prepared to be awed. Because yesterday I made raspberry jam. WITH my kids. And, that is NOT all....the raspberries were GROWN in MY YARD! AND- the jam is DELICIOUS! I mean, it is REALLY good! As you can see, we are ALL quite proud of ourselves.






In other Domestic Goddess news...gardening is one domestic thing I do really enjoy. I bought the below daylily 3 years ago when we first moved in to this house. It has NEVER bloomed, and I was sure last year it was L-O-S-T for good. So imagine my happiness when I saw it smiling up at me this afternoon. It had been so long, I forgot what it was even supposed to look like!


Maybe there is hope for me yet, Mom. ;)

2 comments:

Julia said...

Whatever Sarri...you're a total Betty!

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Homemade jam sounds so yummy! I'm so impressed!