In three weeks I will BE in Ethiopia! I've been alarmingly relaxed so far. I don't know what suitcases I'm going to pack and I don't know what I'm taking. I do have probiotics and my shots and Ehtiopian VISA are still good from the last trip. It's probably about time I start making lists, but honestly I'm more worried about getting things organized for my crew here than what I need to do for me.
But I am excited. I've thought a lot about what I will be doing there- visiting the city where Rebeka lived until she was 3 months old. I'm looking forward to seeing the orphanage and getting a feel for the city, so when she's older, I can tell her about her roots, as much as possible.
I have had many people ask me if I'm taking anything, and I am. The orphanage we'll be visiting is fairly lacking, and I am really excited to be able to take some things for them. I'm collecting some diapers here at home, to fill my suitcases. The orphanages usually use cloth, but during the rainy season it is difficult to get diapers to dry. So I'm taking a bunch of disposables. Also, I'm collecting cash donations so I can purchase goods in Addis to take to Rebeka's orphanage. My plan is to buy formula, flour, etc. We will have a guide with us to help us purchase things for a fair price and also to help with delivery. If you are interested in donating diapers or cash, please email me or leave a comment on here and I will get back to you. I don't want anyone to feel obligated- I have had individuals ask, so I thought this was the easiest way to let people know! If you do want to participate, please let me know asap. I need to start packing suitcases and I also need to order money SOON!! (New, crisp bills are required for exchange in Ethiopia.)
Can't believe I leave in less than 3 weeks!
But I am excited. I've thought a lot about what I will be doing there- visiting the city where Rebeka lived until she was 3 months old. I'm looking forward to seeing the orphanage and getting a feel for the city, so when she's older, I can tell her about her roots, as much as possible.
I have had many people ask me if I'm taking anything, and I am. The orphanage we'll be visiting is fairly lacking, and I am really excited to be able to take some things for them. I'm collecting some diapers here at home, to fill my suitcases. The orphanages usually use cloth, but during the rainy season it is difficult to get diapers to dry. So I'm taking a bunch of disposables. Also, I'm collecting cash donations so I can purchase goods in Addis to take to Rebeka's orphanage. My plan is to buy formula, flour, etc. We will have a guide with us to help us purchase things for a fair price and also to help with delivery. If you are interested in donating diapers or cash, please email me or leave a comment on here and I will get back to you. I don't want anyone to feel obligated- I have had individuals ask, so I thought this was the easiest way to let people know! If you do want to participate, please let me know asap. I need to start packing suitcases and I also need to order money SOON!! (New, crisp bills are required for exchange in Ethiopia.)
Can't believe I leave in less than 3 weeks!



2 comments:
Hello Sarri, I would like to send a donation. Let me know the best way. Kathy
Sarri -- We well understand the new bills thing. Have to use them in Laos when doing the trips to help the schools up-country. Maybe we can pass the money to you via your dad? Gotta have a visit with him and Meaw. Text ya' later. -- Anne
Post a Comment