Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Well. Hello There.

What to say?  The usual?  So busy!  So much going on!

And it's true really.  I have four 'babies' and it's wild.  I'm currently typing with a 19 month old on my lap, as she tries to figure out the code for my iphone (aaaannndd, now she's disabled the phone, temporarily), as she kicks her legs to the music that's she's somehow turned on.

Spending much time online is tricky with a very busy, curious, and cute 19 month old.  Plus there's the whole 'blink and she's grown' phenomenon.
Also, we moved.  Moving is a really big job.  Like, REALLY big.  I hope we don't choose to do that again anytime soon.  But I do love love love our new home, and our new neighborhood is pretty much the funnest thing ever.  (We are now in VERY close proximity to many of our VERY favorite people.)  AND, now my kids ride the bus to school!  Can I get a WOOHOOOO?  It's seriously the best thing ever.  Change my life good, I'm telling you.
Another excuse is that my computer is limping and barely with us.  It's a gigantic pain to get pictures off of my camera and an even more gigantic pain to get them on this blog.

And finally, grief.  Grief is weird.  It's exhausting and sad, even the kind of grief that is just a part of life.  Even the kind of grief that is accompanied by a measure of relief and extreme gratefulness for what was.  It's tricky and really sad.  It's the ugly cry at movies that are supposed to be funny and new grief at old things that you thought were taken care of.  It's weird and it's kind of stolen my words for a while.  But, I miss blogging.  I miss having this record and journal of my life, of the good and the funny at least.

So, no promises.  But we'll see.

And just because you need a picture:

She's pretty fun.  (The other three are pretty awesome too.)

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

How did you go and move farther from us without me ever knowing and no longer the look at your house as I drive to Wal mart:( ? Maybe in another life we won't have different circles of friends and we'll need each other more and then you and I will be the best of friends.

For now, I'll settle for blogging wherever you live:)

Anonymous said...

Soooo good to read your posts! I was actually just poking around last night, checking for something new.

It's so amazing that I spent my summer just like you and Allison...sorting through so much stuff, donating, garage saling, packing, finding more boxes and bubble wrap, packing, packing, packing. SO EXHAUSTING! But we survived!!!!
Yes, kids riding the bus is AWESOME! T rode it in kindergarten but I had to drive/carpool for grades 1-5. Ahhhh