Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Goodbye Papa

Calvin Burke Neeley
September 3, 1924 - April 16, 2011
Papa, Maddy, and Pearly Jo- circa 2003

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarri, I'm so sorry for your family.
How wonderful that your kids knew him. And how tiny and sweet does M look in that photo?!?

Hugs

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for your loss...

Ms Amanda said...

Oh Sarri! I always cry when I read your blog. Today I am crying tears of heartbreak. I am so sorry.

Heidi Boos said...

Sarri, So sorry for your loss...I know how close you were with your grandpa. I recently lost my grandma who I have grown up being around. Her home with my grandpa was like one of my second homes! It's so hard to say goodbye. Thinking of you!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet picture. Lots of love there! I think Papa counted Pearly as a GRANDdoll, don't you? Maybe it is so hard because he loved us so much.

Stefanie said...

Grandpa's are such special people! I am glad you had him for so long and that little Rebeka got to meet him:) Be gentle on yourself right now. Lots of funny movies and good music and treats if you need em!

Calvin is one of our favorite boy names:)