Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Well, This is Awkward.

You know when you haven't talked to a friend for so long, and then it's kind of awkward?

That's how I feel about this blog!  Hopefully you've been following us over here, and you know about how our life has been turned upside down, inside out, and topsy turvy by Ethiopia and the newest Gibson.  If you haven't, well, you should, because I just don't even know where to start.

I'll probably be blogging over there still, now and then, when something adoption related or Ethiopia related comes up, but right now, we are a family.  Yes, we're an adoptive family.  And we're a multicultural family.  But we are a FAMILY and it feels so good.

Family Picture on Embassy Day:


And, how I've been spending my time recently:
This is Rebeka Elle.  She is incredible.   She turned 10 months old last week and she is HILARIOUS.  (And super smart.)  Her two top teeth popped through a week ago (9 days, actually), and she loves to play peekaboo (like the video shows), read books, (ditto), and throw her arms up to show how BIG she is.  She is wild about her family, and every day we marvel about how wildly blessed we are to be hers.

So, I'm back- kind of.  I still have some loose ends to tie up on Paths.  And I have things to get 'caught up' on around here too.  (Like Halloween!)  And, most importantly, I'm not sure what to do.  Our blog has been called "The Gibson Five" and while it's easy enough to change the title, our blog address is still that.  So, do I start fresh?  Do I just suck it up and continue on?  What would you do?

xoxoxo,
S


3 comments:

Paige Lomas said...

I think you should do what you think is right and what feels good for you the writer. It will all fall into place after that...of course with some bumps and rollercoaster and roadblocks...but that is life anyways, so roll with it!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Paige said! I say either stick here with the new and improved Gibson Six, or go on your path. You are on a new journey in life, after all! Either way, please keep blogging!!! You got me into it and I LOVE LOVE LOVE keeping up with my Mac mom friends this way!

Visty said...

Hm, hard one. I changed my address and everybody lost me. My old address is still in most of my old reader's sidebard (even yours-teehee). I tried to "announce" to people on facebook, but it didn't help. I don't know what to do!

BUT, if you started a new blog and kept this one, with a link to your new one, that would work. I didn't do that; I took my old one down.