Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Carter's First Day

Photobucket

Today was Carter's first day of preschool.  It's a big day because he is never, ever, one of the oldest kids.

Anywhere.

Ever.

Photobucket

But this year, in the mixed age preschool class?  He's a big kid, an expert.

Joel took him on this very special day, which made it even more special for Carter.  (I was subbing.)  Carter was so excited last night, and even this morning, but once they arrived at school he apparently got a little overwhelmed and 'nervous' and sad.  No fun!  But thanks to his teacher, Joel was able to leave and Carter settled in, and Ms A reported that Carter was a happy boy most of the morning.  At recess he even had the presence of mind to give Ms A a full show of his scooter tricks.  (Quite impressive, I'm sure!)

When I saw Carter today, much later, he told me that he had a good day, but that he'd been pretty nervous.  "I know," I told him, "but I'm proud of you for still having a good day!  What was a good thing about preschool?"  He paused, looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "The part where I wasn't nervous!"  Good enough!

Photobucket
Even though I told him it would be a good day for short sleeves and maybe even shorts, he insisted on this shirt and jeans!  And Georgie and Mickey.  And that funny smile. 

I'm so excited to see what this year holds for him!

5 comments:

Allison said...

So cute! I was reading this post this morning, and Josh looked over my shoulder and said, "Carter must really love that shirt! He wears it all the time." I have NEVER seen that shirt, but we all know that Josh and exaggeration are best friends, so......

Mom said...

He is getting so big, but is still our baby! Don't tell him I said that! I know he will grow lots this year at such a perfect preschool for him!

Stefanie said...

Saw your mom and Maddie last night. Fun night for a walk!

neeter said...

I love his shirt. He looks adorable. I'm glad he was able to stay through his nervousness.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Wow, can't believe how fast time goes. love his shirt.