Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Brothers

Photobucket

Oh these two boys.  They really try me at times, that's for sure.  But all in all?  They love each other.  A lot.  On this particular night, earlier this week, Garrett and I had been talking about reading.  Garrett does fine with reading, but really doesn't 'love' it.  This makes my heart ache because I DO!  So we were talking in the car and it turns out he is really interested in non fiction.  But he thinks it's all too hard for him.  I dug out all the NF I could get to quickly and easily, (thank you very much, Scholastic book orders!) and thankfully most of it was very easy for him- basic, yet still some cool facts.  He sat there and read to Carter for over an hour.  I know the exact time because he was keeping track, to earn video game time.  (Don't judge me.)  3 days later and he's still filling me in on all kinds of facts on insects and sharks and space.

And Carter?  He didn't fall asleep because he was bored.  He fell asleep because he's 4 and still needs to nap, but we can rarely fit it in.  Poor guy!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Mom said...

Love the pictures. I can hear G reading! I see the iphone next to him with the timer going. Turned it off when I talked to him and he wasn't reading, then back on him he went back to reading. Silly boy!

Stephanie said...

Love that!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Bethany said...

That's so cute! Daniel prefers non-fiction as well. When we go to the library all checks out is non-fiction. I never thought about seeing if there were some that would be easy enough for him to read though. Next time!

Bethany said...

Oops :) all *he* checks out

Ms Amanda said...

Kylie was the same. She loved all the real science stuff, but not stories. That is until she read Captain Underpants (don't judge me). That was the springboard for her. Now she's a reading fool like the rest of us :)

Jennie said...

I love it! I think trading reading time for video game time is genius. Peter is crazy obsessed with Diary of a Wimpy Kid, so if anyone deserves to be judged, it is me (I?)!