Picking blueberries with my babes is just one of those things I must do every summer at least once. I love having fresh berries to eat, and a freezer full of frozen berries for the winter. But I really, really love having my kids in the field with me. Hearing their sweet conversations, seeing their concentration, and peeking through the rows to find them huddled together, working on a 'mother lode'.
Garrett loves picking blueberries. He's been begging to do it for weeks now, and while we were there he said, "I think one day we should come here and just stay and pick all day long."
When I think of blueberry picking with Madeline, I sure don't think of this tall beautiful girl. I think of baby Maddy with her pail, pjs, and rosy cheeks following me around the bushes.
Carter, just before he got 'too tired' to pick!











No comments:
Post a Comment