until the tri!
Ack!
I am really looking forward to it, actually. I have a bunch of friends who are doing it too, and at least one who I will be able to hang with for most of the race. Definitely makes it more fun.
Since my last post about tri training, I had one quasi swimming lesson. That got my head in the water (finally) and after lots (and lots) of practicing, many 5:45 am mornings, I finally feel great in the pool. My time has improved, but most of all I feel strong and comfortable swimming. I've gotten up to doing 1000 yards (20 laps). Two weeks ago I finally made myself get out of the 'small' pool and into the big pool. I haven't gone back since! (I actually will be swimming in the small pool tomorrow, but that's a funny story for a whole other blog post!) After the tri is over I think I'll start to swim longer- I like it that much!
Running is going fine, not much change there. Biking is going better too. I'll be riding a very vintage road bike, but I feel good on it too.
So tomorrow, at 8:30, I'll get in the pool and begin my first triathlon. I am ready. I feel strong and good. I don't have a goal for time- mostly because I really have already met my goal- to be in shape, be in the habit of working out, and feel strong enough to do the tri. I really think I'm there, and I'm so excited!
Oh, and for some stats! Since January 1st I have:
-run 183 miles
-swam 11.66 miles
-cycled 156 miles
-Spent 62 hours working out
-covered the distance equal to .01 of the way around the world
-burned the equivalent of 234 donuts!
(Thanks to dailymile.com for the fun facts.)
Two Years
13 years ago



4 comments:
Look at you go! Good luck today!!
Wow!! Go Sarri! I love you! I'm your biggest fan. . .still! Auntie B.
That's awesome, Sarri! I haven't been keeping up; I didn't know you were doing this. Congrats to you for being so motivated and going after your goal!
Donuts!?! I want to know how much fondue your burned...
Way to go Sarri!
Post a Comment