Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Birthday Happenings: Part 1

Photobucket

The Gibson Five are in the thick of birthday season*, and we're loving it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

On Sunday, we had a few friends over and celebrated Garrett turning seven.  As usual I stressed over what we were going to do, but Garrett finally decided that he just wanted a few friends and that he wanted them to come dressed as Star Wars characters.  Since his friends are all 5, 6, and 7 year old boys, this was not a problem.  At all!  They jumped on the trampoline, played 'find the meteorites' and 'musical space ships', and enjoyed the usual party fare.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The Force was strong on the trampoline.  Especially after was confiscated all the light sabers and blasters.

Photobucket
Find the meteorites!  (Idea stolen from my friend, Allison.)  There are pros and cons to having a husband who loves Star Wars.  The pros include the fact that he downloaded Star Wars music for the party and helped us come up with Star Wars themed names for the food.  The cons include him taking all aspects very seriously.  "Why meteorites?  Meteroites don't play a part in the movies!"  When I answered with, "Hello, Star Tours!"  (I thought I was so clever!)  He rolled his eyes.

Photobucket
Musical Space Ships!  Allison, James won this one.  It was hilarious!

Photobucket
Darth and Commander Cody.

Photobucket
G is taller than James, but not THAT much taller!  I just liked how goofy they are together.

Photobucket
Since we didn't rent a party space or spend big bucks on cake or fancy food, we did party favors of small Star Wars lego sets.  It was the perfect way to wrap up the party.  After all the wild running around outside, they all got down to working on their set and were calm and ready when their parents arrived!  I would do this again in a second, AND it was waaaaaay cheaper (and more fun!) than the party G originally wanted at the Lego store.

For maybe the first time ever, I wasn't a stress case and I actually enjoyed myself, the kids, the adults, my husband, and the party.  I was pretty proud of myself.


Photobucket
Two Princess Leias!
I must give a shout out to Maddy girl.  She is such a fabulous big sister.  She helped me throughout the day- making signs, helping clean, and brainstorming with me.  The "Musical Space Ship" game was all her idea, AND she ran the game.  She helped before and during the party, and by evening I realized she was looking pretty wilty.  And had a fever.  She hadn't felt great all day, but really crashed at night and I felt so bad!  Garrett knew how hard she worked though and was so kind to tell her how he appreciated her.

Photobucket
And what a happy boy we had!




*"Birthday Season" explanation:  My birthday is April 24, followed 9 days later by Garrett, and then 8 days after that is Madeline.  It's during this season that I am VERY glad Carter was born 5 weeks early and landed in March instead of his April 26 due date!  To make the title 'birthday season' even more accurate, four of the kids very good friends fall during this time too.  It's crazy and each weekend has a birthday party, and some more than one.

No comments: