Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

10.

Photobucket

This girl is 10 today.  Ten.  T E N

How did that even happen?

I'm not sure, but I do know one thing.  I really like being her mama.

Photobucket

It's all going entirely too fast, but I do love every minute.  (Well, nearly every minute.)

This girl is smart and funny.  She's cute and curious.  And she's sweet.  Kind and empathetic.  Definitely a keeper!

Photobucket

It seems like a life time ago that the nurse placed my brand new baby in my arms.  In the days leading up to her birth I remember being panicky.  I knew I'd be fine with a 6 month old, even a 3 month old.  But I couldn't figure out how anyone was going to let me go home with a 3 day old baby.  How were we going to do THAT?  But when they put her in my arms, I know it's cliche, but I really knew I would be okay.  While we are far from perfect parents, I know we are the perfect mom and dad for Madeline.  And she's the perfect girl for us.

Happy Birthday Madeline Jane.  What a privilege it is to be your mama.  Such a blessing.

Photobucket

But I still can't believe you are TEN!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Maddie!! I still remember you and T, lying side by side as tiny babies. Time sure flies...

Mom said...

What a sweet post, sis! You guys are the perfect parents for her and she is just plain PERFECT!!!

Julia said...

crazy! Happy Birthday little lady.

Visty said...

Yay for TEN!!! I love my girl at 10.

Stefanie said...

I remember 10 being a wonderful year!

Can't believe she is getting so big?!

Bittersweet:)

Allison said...

I love this post. It's so hard to believe that they have been with us for a decade! She is such a sweet girl, just like her momma!