Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

This and That

Recent Quotes from my Babes:

Maddy:  Mama, are we at war?

Me:  Yes Baby.  We went to war just over a month before Garrett was born, so we've been at war his whole life, and then some.

Maddy, quietly:  Why does war just go on and on and on and on?

-------

While watching the State of the Union the other night:
 
Garrett:  Oh man!  Barack Obama?  I thought we were watching Clone Wars!

------

Also from Garrett,

Me, snuggling with him on the couch:  Mmm, I sure love you.

Garrett, in a sweet, lovey voice:  Yo tengo una araña.

In case you don't know, that translates to, "I have a spider."  Good to know the Spanish is paying off!  (Actually he does speak in Spanis a lot around the house, appropriately, and it's pretty awesome.  He knew he was being a smart ace here.)
 
-------
 
And from the littlest monkey,
Me: are you excited for your new friends to come over?
C:  Well, I AM a little bit nervous but I AM excited.

I didn't know he could verbalize 'nervous' yet.  Although, when the new friends left here is our conversation.

Me:  Did you have fun with your new friends today?

Carter:  Oh Mom.  They aren't new friends.  I realized that we were friends all the time.  Like when I was born, we were friends.

Although when the 'new friends' were coming and going, Carter was a complete goofball, and you'd never know he thought they were kindred spirits.  I watched them play outside together for a while though and they were looking pretty darling.

3 comments:

Becky said...

They are so smart & sweet! I love that how they verbalize their feelings. They only do that because they feel safe. . .xoxo

Connor & Holden said...

What great kids you have, and what silly/sweet/sad-but-insightful things they say. So sweet that Carter felt nervous about meeting new kids. It was so much fun to hang out with you guys on Thursday. Every morning, Holden and I plan out our day on a dry erase board (it's the only way I can get any homework done--if it's scheduled in spurts on the board along with corresponding activities for him to do solo, he's down with it; if not, he drives me crazy the entire live-long day), and his standard response to "OK, what should we do today?" has now become "Play with Carter!"

Speaking of the funny things kids say, I've been attempting to do homework ever since I put the kids in bed, and Holden keeps creeping out of his room to tell me why he can't go to sleep. His latest reason was that he has "a really terrible tickle pain beside my knee."

Summer said...

Whoops, that was me. I guess I was signed into David's Google account, under which I once let Connor start a blog.

-Summer