Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fingerprint Day!

It's a ridiculously rainy day in the PacNW (actually right on par for January), and it's the day that Joel and I get our fingerprints done by Homeland Security/ Immigration for our adoption.  I've made all the arrangements for our kids (Thanks so much Judy and Mom!), planned to meet Joel, and mapped out where we need to go.  The instructions we got in the mail remind me of a secret handshake type of thing.  Be at this place at this time and don't be late, don't miss it, no office phone number, people related to the appointment only.  It's so serious, it really stresses me out!  This is the last piece we need for our dossier, the last piece we have to wait on other people for anyway.  The plan is to have everything ready to send to Ethiopia by the time our approval arrives from these fingerprints.

And then just moments after Joel hugs us all goodbye this morning, (our appt is later this afternoon), he comes back in the door and announces a flat tire on my van.  Really flat.

Thankfully it happened then, when we have time to deal with it.  After Les Schwab comes twice to air up my tire (the guy said it was a slow leak, so I thought I had time for a quick shower!  30 minutes later, FLAT again!), Molly, Carter and I headed to Les Schwab (our local tire store, for you non PacNWers.)  Not exactly the way we wanted to spend our first morning back with Molly, but thankfully the kids were happy anyway!

Photobucket

As the kids ate their popcorn and colored, the tire guy carries mine inside and shows me this gigantic screw/spike thing that went in one part of my tire and out another.  I am not even lying, it was like 6 inches!  My new tires that I bought just before my trip to Idaho in November!  Seriously!  How does something like that get in my tire?  Why was it just laying around?  Is someone missing it?  (Too bad!)

Anyway, thank goodness all is well now.  This morning sure didn't do much to relax me about this afternoon though!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck! You'll do great!