Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Being Three.

To be clear, I really love Carter.  A lot.  I love his hand in mine, I love his deep curiosity, and I love his sweet little voice.

But lately, my sweet sweet boy has been quite the monster.  He's arguing, he's throwing fits of monstrous proportions, and I've caught him (more than once) making a mean face at me!

The other day we went to Target.  He behaved moderately in Target.  But when it was time to leave, he was mad about something and on the way to the car generally behaved like a tiger on a leash.  (Including growling at his mama.)  I got down low, eye level with him, practically nose to nose and gave him a 'come to Jesus' talk about how the rest of the afternoon was going to be.  Before I could buckle him in to his carseat he did this:

Photobucket

and then stayed like that for quite some time.

Lovely.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Sarri-
I know your pain! I always say bring back the "terrible" 2's! Mason has gone into the monster phase too...really mouthy and knows everything! Hopefully this phase is short lived for the both of us! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

At least he was having a quiet moment to calm himself.
Ahh...threes...I remember those challenging days. Hang in there.

Sarah Butler said...

I've always said this: two is pushing the limits, learning about boundaries, finding out who's in charge and who's not. Three? Three is spiteful. ;)