This morning we headed towards Old Faithful. We pulled into the parking lot, and I ran to get information while Joel unloaded the bikes. I found out that Old Faithful was set to erupt at any second, so I (literally) ran back to the car, we put on helmets and rode over there as fast as we could. And just in time! It was very, very cool.
After that we continued our bike ride down the trail, Morning Glory pool being our destination. Along the way we saw some amazing stuff though, and I think Castle Geyser was our favorite. Some of us think it may be even cooler than Old Faithful, but I won't name names. It was pretty amazing to be riding our bikes through Yellowstone and getting to see all these incredible things. One time G got a little tippy and rode into the grass. It was no big deal, but he told Joel, "I almost fell into one of those hot pools!" Riding was a little tricky a few places because of all the people, but the kids sure did good. Carter boy was in his seat on the back of my bike, and that worked well too!
Grotto Geyser:
Morning Glory Pool:
After our bike ride we headed back to town for a picnic lunch at a park, and catching up with a family member who was passing through town. Good times, for sure.
That evening we went to the IMAX right across the street from us and watched, what else? Yellowstone. The movie's exit, was of course, right through a gift shop, and while this was a little out of our price range, we had to snap a pic:



1 comment:
Oh my!! I laughed out loud!! If Auntie B was there, the price really wouldn't have mattered!! Darling!
Post a Comment