Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

44 Days After the Fact: Bike Riding Garrett!

Photobucket
Well, this post is a month and a half late, and shockingly, it's about my middle child! Better late than never? Maybe. Anyway, it was June 28th and I was on a Garden Tour that I do every year with my mom. Joel was at home with the kids. I got a message on my phone that Garrett had some BIG NEWS, but I'd have to wait to come home to see it.

Well, the big news was that Joel had taken the kids bike riding, and Garrett was a full-fledged-no-training-wheels-bike-riding kid! Unfortunately I didn't see it that day. By the time I got home, the kids were hot and resting, I was sunburned, and I was only home a few hours before heading to Seattle for a relative's funeral service. I didn't see Garrett ride the next day either, when my dad took the kids to the farm for the day and Garrett further perfected his two wheelin' skills on the airstrip out there.

Photobucket

But finally, last week, (August 1!), I saw my sweet, funny, quirky, lanky, and determined middle child ride his bike. He was pretty proud to be without training wheels (and with pedals!) on our family bike ride. He did a great job of keeping up, and wow, it seems like his bike is shrinking. (Maybe those legs are still growing?) Perhaps the birthdays of 2010 will bring new bikes to the Gibson house!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO GARRETT! Wasn't it just yesterday that Maddy called me with the BIG NEWS!? What long legs that boy has!

Mother said...

Okay, that was me ... your mom.

Brambleberry said...

Wow!! That is some grown up stuff!