Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

Finally!

This week has gotten away from me and I haven't posted any of our 'good' pictures from our weekend surprise! (The previous pics were from Joel's iphone.)

Last Wednesday evening, the kids spent the night with my mom. Joel and I spent the evening packing bags for a surprise trip to Disneyland on Thursday! We picked the kids up early in the morning, under the guise of Nana having to go to work, and we headed for Portland. The kids thought we were doing errands in town that day.

We pulled into the PDX parking lot and the suspicion set in. "Mom! WHY are we at the AIRPORT?!?" Maddy more accused than asked. We tried to pawn it off on the new Ikea nearby. Once we parked, we got the kids out of the car, and then I grabbed the gift bags that contained Mickey t-shirts. The kids opened them, and thanked us, still confused. Then the lightswitch clicked on. "Are we going to DISNEYLAND???" Maddy squealed as we pulled the suitcases out of the trunk. Maddy and Garrett were so excited, and Carter was because they were.




Once we arrived at the terminal, low and behold, who should we find there? The Ryans!! The kids were all cool and low key when we saw them. At one point I heard Garrett say to Grayson, "I'm going to Disneyland." And Grayson calmly replied, "Me too."

So we spent 3 full days running around Disneyland and California Adventure. It was super fun to be able to have a get away and spend some time with friends. Maddy and Garrett discovered a new love of all things 'Mountain'- Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and The Matterhorn. Maybe it was all those luge rides in Germany 6 months ago! Carter loved Mickey Mouse and Pluto and doled out several of his signature hugs.






Churros!

Teacups at night . . .

Everyone loves Dumbo!
After Joel took this picture, he said, "Look who is the most excited on the carousel."

Sissy got to drive alone. Her foot killed afterward.
Map reading on the Disney Train.
"CHEESE!"

They LOVED the Matterhorn!
Shh! Carter is sleeping on Minnie's bed!


Waiting for the parade to begin.

So, the parade had water. Enough said- if you know Garrett.


Last night ice cream- a Ryan tradition . . . and now a Gibson tradition too!


It was a great time and we can't wait to go back! Thanks to Judy for all her planning and organizing! Check out her blog for more great pictures!

9 comments:

Judy said...

I love the map reading on the train!

Judy said...

And how did it happen that I only ate 1 churro?!?!

Heidi Boos said...

Oh what fun! This really brings back memories of my childhood at Disneyland and I can't wait to take my kids one day! I love that you surprised them. What a special way to add just a little bit more to an already exciting trip! Glad you had so much fun!

Paige Lomas said...

I totally love the picture of you "having way too much fun in the background"...wow, that is a big smile! You two are the coolest parents! A surprise trip to Disneyland? Wow!!!! Remind your kids of this when they are teenagers. Maybe you won't have to, they will just know how cool you are from all these experiences. Hey...are you ready to go in a few weeks? I am soooo not ready to go back!!!! Glad you are going with me.

Teresa said...

I'm sooo jealous and can hardly wait for our own adventures! Did you notice Tarter's picking his nose in the background of the map reading picture? Love it!

Michelle said...

So glad you had a great time! I am still trying to get over being jealous though! :)

Ty and Molly said...

I have officially decided that you are the coolest parents EVER and that if you wanted to adopt an adult child...I am available!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

I was feeling cheated, because I wanted more pictures! Now, I'm totally satisfied! Thanks for letting us share your trip!

Today is Harmony's 30th birthday.

Love you!