Autumn showed up last week, but we pretty much missed her entrance with soccer and dance and school and work and sunshine. Today though she made herself quite apparent.
What better day for homemade apple-pear sauce made with fruit from Papa's farm?
As I've been lately channeling my inner Laura Ingalls, I am thinking that this next weekend may require a trip to the farm to harvest apples. PacNWers, have you seen the apple trees this year?
Last year, the boys and I joined G's preschool group at a local apple farm for picking. It was so fun, and I really thought we'd go again this year, but I think we will opt for the free bounty out Gopher Valley!



4 comments:
Mmmm!! I can almost smell my mom's homemade applesauce simmering on the stove! I think I will have to find some Delaware apples and make up a batch. Thanks for the inspiration!
Sounds delicious. Could you please ship me some? :)
Homemade applesauce is yummy. :) Since your heading to the "Ingalls Farm" this weekend, should I have Charles hitch up the wagon and bring you a bonnet to wear so you can go in style? :) Have fun gathering your fruits.
You put my homemade cookies to shame! Wow...you are such the homemaker! Are you sure you want to go back to work half time? No wait, don't answer that!
Post a Comment