Pages

Monday, January 7, 2008

Back At It

Madeline and Garrett started back to school today. It's going to be a tired week around here- the kids got used to sleeping in until 8:30 or 9...and as much as I'd like to tell you that I was up getting things done in my quiet house, I'll admit to happily sleeping in also- cozied up to Carter who liked to wake up around 6:30, snuggle in, and go back to sleep for a few hours.

I will definitely be looking into black out blinds for bright summer mornings!

Anyway, here are a few pics from sometime over the past week.

Carter likes to climb in bed (any bed) and read. And then pretend he's asleep. It may be one of the cutest things I've ever seen.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Those cheeks just melt me. They are SO kissable.

Photobucket
I love that his book is upside down. He just thinks he is so big and old. He's such a little imposter!


Also in category of cutest-thing-ever. . . I was getting dressed/doing my hair/putting on makeup this morning upstairs in my room. Joel and Madeline had already left for the day and it was awfully quiet downstairs where the boys were. Awfully quiet is usually NOT a good thing. Here is what I found.
Photobucket
They were watching PBS before it was time for Garrett to go to school. As an only child I am constantly in awe of my kids relationships with each other. Yes, they have their moments. But all in all, I am pretty sure they are each other's biggest fans.

I came across a quote this week that sums up my feelings for these babies, these days.

Oh, let these moments move through us slowly, but linger forever in my heart.

4 comments:

Julia said...

So tender. Love these moments.

Danielle said...

There is so much love in the Gibson home, it just can put a smile on my face during the dreariest of days (including right now since it won't stop raining here!!)

Brambleberry said...

That quote brought tears to my eyes. So profoundly simple.

Those boys...that's the sweetest thing, EVER!

I love it!

Anonymous said...

That is ridiculously adorable. Carter is still just baby enough and just big boy enough. He's perfect. That quote sums up all that is good about obsvering our kids