Smack dab in the middle of Birthday Season is my birthday. I'm 34 now and while I'm not 'sad' about getting older (at all), it's just really weird! It's so bizarre that I can say to Joel, "Remember 10 years ago when . . . " or that I have an almost 12 year old, or that I graduated high school 16 years ago. SIXTEEN.
Anyway. Joel and my babes were so sweet to me today (and always). I'm so proud that our kids are so thoughtful and kind. They all piled into bed with me in the morning and Joel brought me Starbucks. I stayed in bed as long as I possibly could and they all got themselves ready for school without fighting or being weird and spazzy like they are some mornings!
In the afternoon Carter just snuggled me. He was so sweet and loving. He said, "Mama, I wish you were still 33."
I answered, "Why buddy?"
"Because now you're 34. And you're just going to get older and older and older. And then you're going to die. And I don't want you to die!" (And then he did this fake crying thing that he does sometimes.)
It was pretty funny.
When Garrett got home, he marched in the door and said, "Don't say a word!" He headed straight for me (on the couch), and threw his arms around me. "Happy Birthday! How was your day?" So kind. Then he sat on the couch with me, his long legs on my lap and did his homework and visited with me. Love that boy so much!
Sweet Maddy helped the boys make a 'scavenger hunt' with clues all over my messy house. When Joel got home my mom came over and I found all the clues. They led me to flowers from my kids and a gift card from each of them! (Fro Yo, Starbucks, Pedicure) The kids were all so proud!
We went to dinner with my mama and then went to her house for HOMEMADE Angel Food Cake- my favorite! She spoiled me with new red Toms and new clothes.
It was such a fun day, and sprinkled throughout were text messages, emails, phone calls, Facebook notes, and real life greetings. I felt so loved. I don't mind getting older even a bit. But my husband does think it's pretty hilarious that I'm older than him!



2 comments:
Happy birthday, Sarri! It sounds very sweet and perfect.
Sarri Autumn. . .how can you be 34? That's how old I am holding my age. . .perpetually 34! You are so strong, loving, brave, smart, and interesting. One of the things I admire the most is that I think you really have your priorities in order. You make your home a safe place for your husband & kids to land. I couldn't love or admire you more!
Post a Comment