Whew, Birthday Season is nuts around here! Add in all our regular life stuff like school and work and friends (and friends' birthdays) and tball and softball and more soccer and eating and brushing teeth and more and more and IT IS CRAZY.
And I love it.
The last birthday in our house is Madeline's. It's today and she is 12. TWELVE. That means I've been a mom for 12 years. That means that she is 2/3 done with us. (Okay, not really, I know you always need your parents and blah blah blah, but seriously. TWELVE.)
But the thing is that while sometimes I close my eyes and imagine the sweet almost three year old who came to the hospital with a latte in hand when her baby brother was born, with the wispy soft hair, the chubby cheeks, and the darling one liners, I would not turn back time. I love the young lady she is turning into. She is smart smart smart. (Straight A's all year, and mostly straight A+s.) She is kind and empathetic. She is thoughtful and funny. She is an old soul and feels deeply; a blessing and curse, but mostly a curse in 6th grade. She is beautiful and strong. She is hilarious and brave and I would not change one thing about her, and I especially would not turn back the clock.
But still, I can't believe she's twelve.
And I love it.
The last birthday in our house is Madeline's. It's today and she is 12. TWELVE. That means I've been a mom for 12 years. That means that she is 2/3 done with us. (Okay, not really, I know you always need your parents and blah blah blah, but seriously. TWELVE.)
But the thing is that while sometimes I close my eyes and imagine the sweet almost three year old who came to the hospital with a latte in hand when her baby brother was born, with the wispy soft hair, the chubby cheeks, and the darling one liners, I would not turn back time. I love the young lady she is turning into. She is smart smart smart. (Straight A's all year, and mostly straight A+s.) She is kind and empathetic. She is thoughtful and funny. She is an old soul and feels deeply; a blessing and curse, but mostly a curse in 6th grade. She is beautiful and strong. She is hilarious and brave and I would not change one thing about her, and I especially would not turn back the clock.
But still, I can't believe she's twelve.



4 comments:
What a beautiful young woman she's becoming, but that is not a surprise because she was a sweet, cute baby too! I can totally picture the 2 year old in her. Happy Belated 12th!
She's beautiful, inside and out. And the long hair! So pretty.
I haven't been a blog stalker for quite sometime, because I always cry!Remember, when I rocked Madds on my knees in the little Newberg apt. We still had Mom & Dad. Oh, how they loved this kid, and all your kiddos! I love you all so much. . .auntie b.
Post a Comment