Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Birthday Season: Part 1

We are smack dab in the middle of Birthday Season around here.  Yes, it's capitalized, because Birthday Season an actual major event.





First, a few weeks ago this guy turned six.  SIX! Carter is such a fun boy.  He has a sweet little freckled nose and he can't quite say his 'r' or 'k' sounds yet.  (So his name comes out a little like 'Tahdoh."  I love how he talks, I love how he still slips his hand in mine, without hesitation when we're walking.  I love that he knows how to read, but not too much, so it's still a REALLY big deal and he swells with pride getting his 'just right' books out.  Age 5 was so fun- he learned to ride his bike, he learned to read, he started kindergarten, and in general his independence soared.  I can't wait to see what SIX has in store for us! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, SIX. Happy Birthday Carter! I remember reading about him as a tiny baby. Time flies!

Visty said...

I love your Birthday Season!

Visty said...

Coming back to say it is SHOCKING that he is 6 already. Shocking. And so handsome.

Becky said...

Hard to believe it has been 4 years since you were in Rome for his second birthday. I can't help but smile at every picture of him. . .SO MUCH FUN! He has been such an awesome brother to R. We had so much fun shopping for his birthday gift. We had to take his Happy Meal prize back to McDonald's to exchange for the one he wanted. You are only 6 once, after all!!