Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Gag Order

Garrett has put me on a gag order regarding all Garrett stories.  (It starts right after this one last story, but don't tell him that.)

We went to Idaho for a chunk of spring break and as we backed out of the driveway, literally, we were still in the driveway, Garrett says, "SNACK TIME!"  I thought it was so funny, and I rolled down my window and told my neighbor who'd I'd been talking about the trip with as I packed up my car.  He laughed, wished us well, and I rolled up the window and we were off.

Except that Garrett was TICKED.  "Why do you ALWAYS tell people about me?  I've told you a MILLION TIMES not to do that!  STOP TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT ME!"

Me:  Garrett!  I'm sorry!  I just love you so much and I think you're so cute and funny, I just love to share that with people.

G:  WELL I DON'T WANT YOU TO DO IT ANYMORE!

Maddy, camly, motherly:  Garrett.  Mom talks about everybody.  She talks about me.  She talks about Carter.  She talks about Daddy.  (pause)  She talks about herself!  It's just how Mom is!

G:  I WANT HER TO STOP TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT ME!

Maddy:  Well, Garrett, how are people going to know about you if mom doesn't talk about you?

G:  THEY KNOW ABOUT ME FROM THE OTHER MILLION TIMES SHE'S TALKED ABOUT ME!

Point taken, Garrett.  I want to respect his privacy, I really do.  The thing is that he's SO funny, and SO cute!  I'm hoping if I give in to his demands for a while he'll relax a little.  We'll see.

In the meantime, here's one last Garrett story (or two!) to tide you over.


We were on the way home from playing at an indoor play area with some family friends to celebrate Carter's 4th birthday.  In the car, my mom said to Garrett, "Did you have fun playing with your friends tonight?"

Garrett answered, "Yes, I mostly just played with my 3 friends."  (He was counting himself.)

Nana Pam:  "Well, is Maddy one of those 3?"

Garrett:  "No!  Maddy is my SISTER.  And a sister is way better than a friend!"

In reality, I know Garrett loves his buddies A LOT, but I'm sure glad he loves his Sissy too.

****************

The past 2 days Garrett has come home with ripped pants.  I'm not mad at him, I do realize it comes with the territory of having kids and boys, in particular, but I was a tiny bit aggravated because I would love to get to summer without buying new pants for him!  So I said to him, "Garrett, you aren't in trouble, but what were you doing when your pants ripped?"

He shrugged and said, "I don't know.  Probably writing."

Yeah Garrett, I'm sure you ripped your pants while you were writing.

*******************
Ok.  That's it.  No more Garrett stories for while.

I wonder if he'd mind if I used a pseudonym.

7 comments:

Ms Amanda said...

I wondered how much longer it would last! I have an "No Stories" deal with Kylie, but it's hard!!! When they say such fabulous things and are so funny it's hard to keep it to yourself!

Brambleberry said...

My goodness. What a sweetheart.

Mom said...

Love the new blog entry...about G...even if you are not suppose to talk about him. :)Hope he doesn't see this as he snuggles on the couch with me tonight for a movie!

Paige Lomas said...

I have the same "problem". Good grief, these kids need to chill. hee hee

David said...

I'm not much of a reader, but I would like to know what he wrote to tear his pants as well!

Danielle said...

Can't. Stop. Laughing. You must tell G that Dave and that one girl say hello. :)

David said...

I'm still laughing at how funny that kid is! Question: How are the people who live in other cities going to know what is going on in the life of G? If he wants my stories, he is going to have to share his!

I sure hope we get to see the Gibson 5 this summer. How about a 10K, dinner and concert?