Carter's actual birthday fell on a Sunday. After he opened his first present (new clothes to wear on his day), we headed into Portland with my mom to meet Joel's parents for breakfast.
We went to the Original Pancake House and it was SO YUMMY. Plus, the hot cocoa was refillable, the wait for a table wasn't long, and they brought our food out FAST. To top it all off, they brought the birthday boy strawberries, powdered sugar, and whipped cream- all for him. (He shared, but just a little.)
Carter opened a present at the restaurant- "Nugget" (The Gibson Family's first zhu zhu pet.) He was thrilled. He carried Nugget like this the rest of the day:
After we stuffed ourselves to the brim at breakfast, we headed to the Portland Children's Museum. We hadn't been there for a quite awhile and our kids seemed HUGE compared to most of the clientele there! (Here is the first time we went. Time is going too fast!) Carter loved everything though- he was such a happy boy all day. He still loves the water room the best!
After we saw everything there was to see, we headed back home for cake, more strawberries, and presents.
Then I took Carter outside to get a few snaps of what exactly "4" looks like. (To be continued!)
They really seemed huge. They were so good and conscientious of the smaller kids, but when did I get kids that are too old for the Children's Museum?
Face painting- always a hit. Always!
Giving nugget some exercise!
After we saw everything there was to see, we headed back home for cake, more strawberries, and presents.
He wanted poppy seed cake, so I made him this one. He liked it, as did I, but I don't think it wowed anyone. And it was little. Not that little is bad. Just letting you know.
A new cozy quilt- made my Grandma Vanita.
Real binoculars!
Then I took Carter outside to get a few snaps of what exactly "4" looks like. (To be continued!)






















3 comments:
A fun time, for sure, and a very happy four year old! Hard to believe!!!
He looks so BIG! (just so you know, I'm still always a little shocked when I see pics of him. In my mind he's still little with blond hair)
You have awesome kids.
Yes, we have a brand new Children's Museum opening here on April 24 and I'm so excited. It says through age 12 so we are going to milk it while we can!
:)
Post a Comment