Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Car Conversations

I haven't been blogging because I'm having a difficult time with photos and my computer.  Hopefully I will have time to get organized soon and be back.  For now, here's a few funny stories for your entertainment . . . and my memory.

Overheard in the car today:
Molly:  Are you coming to my birthday party? (In January 2011)

Carter:  Well, if I'm invited.

Molly:  You are!

Carter:  I might be busy.

********************

Me:  Carter, are you going to go to dance with Abby and Molly tomorrow?

Carter:  No, MOM!

Me:  Why not?  You love to dance!

Carter:  Because, I told you!  I don't want anyone to see my awesome moves!

********************
Molly:  I want to marry my brother!

Me:  Well, usually you have to marry someone not in your family.  How about Garrett?

Molly:  Or James!

Carter:  NO!  I WANT TO MARRY JAMES!

Me:  Um  .  .  .

Molly:  I want to marry James, Carter!  You can't marry him, you're a boy.  He'll want to marry a girl!

Carter:  I could dress up like a girl!  I could pretend!  Then I could marry James!

(Lots of laughing.)

Molly:  Yeah, I'll marry James.

Me:  What about Garrett?  (Teasing her, but Garrett really really really loves Molly a lot.)

Molly:  Fine.  Garrett.

Carter:  YES!  Then I get James!

3 comments:

Ms Amanda said...

So funny!
Love the marriage conversation! James is a lucky boy to have those two want to marry him :)

Judy said...

Those two are somethin' else. Love them! Some days I don't want them to get a second older!

And it's so funny that they never ever mention marrying each other! Because clearly THAT would be absurd! Ha! Ha!

Allison said...

I read this out loud to James, and when I was done, I was laughing but James said "Uh, Mom? I don't think dressing up like a girl would work. Would it?" He was so serious, and I was laughing even harder. And he said, "Mom! I don't really think getting married is FUNNY!" Seriously, he cracks me up.