I can't believe it! My baby is 1 today. One year ago today I was VERY pregnant, due in about 5 weeks. I had an appointment with my midwife because I had been having some preterm labor. My midwife told me to take it very easy, but that I should be ok for another week. We were hoping for that because there is to NICU here in McMinnville, and they don't like to deliver women who are that far out, just in case something were to go wrong and the baby needed more help. I REALLY wanted to deliver in McMinnville, and of course I wanted my little guy to be okay, especially after everything we had been through the previous 6 months.After my appointment, I stopped at Hallmark on my way home to buy a baby book, then I came home and was talking to Kim on the phone. My dad and my kids were reading in the other room, and suddenly- GUSH! My water had broken! My dad whisked us to the hospital, and my mom met us there, followed shortly by Joel, who was on his way home from work. An hour later we were holding our sweet Carter Mac Gibson- all 6 pounds, 12 ounces of him. We were so thankful that his lungs were healthy enough that he didn't have to be transported to a NICU anywhere!
We are so thankful that this little guy is a part of our family. He has been such a blessing with his funny little smile and his big belly laugh.
Here are picture of our little guy and his party yesterday!

Not impressed with cake!


Playing in the Tiny Tots Room
It was a monkey party!
(Be kind about the cake. I call it my Poor-White-Trash-Martha-Stewart-on-Crack-Cake.)




4 comments:
You did a great job on the cake and cupcakes, I would eat them!
Sarri-
It was so fun to see pictures of your family on your blog. I hope you all are well! Your family seems wonderful and a lot of fun!!
Please say hello to Joel for us,
Love Erin and Jamie
Happy Birthday Carter! I remember when your mom looked like she was carrying twins. What a long year this has been huh!
anonymous is Si
Post a Comment